- 100% foreign ownership permitted
- Total tax and duty exemption
- An efficient regulatory regime
- Can own property in freehold areas of Dubai
- No visa issued for the company
- Cannot have own office within UAE
- Cannot do business in UAE
Company Legislation Source
Offshore Companies regulations of Jebel Ali Free Zone of 2003
Company must end with Limited. Identical names, names suggesting connection with government or considered offensive are not permitted
Time taken to incorporate
Are shelf companies available?
Yes, depending upon availability
Usual minimum capital
Minimum number of shareholders
Are bearer shares/shares of no par value possible?
Directors: minimum number/corporate: directors allowed/location
Two/No/Can be resident anywhere
Secretary: mandatory/corporate Resident: secretary allowed/location
Yes/No/Can be resident anywhere
Is there a requirement for a Registered Office/Registered Agent?
Is any information required by the authorities prior to incorporation?
Yes regular due diligence documents
What information is available on the public file?
What documents must be kept at the Registered Office?
- Copy of incorporation documents
- Any resolution passed by the company
- Register of members & shareholders
Corporate books & seal
Are accounts required/filed?
Is an annual return required?
Where are meetings to be held?
Annual fees payable to the government: Tax/Annual Return Filing Fee
Annual renewal government fees AED 2,500
Are there any exchange controls?
Double tax treaties
Yes Double taxation agreements are in place with a large number
of countries like France, India, Pakistan, China, Germany, Italy,